Sunflowers for Seniors
Meadowbrooke Gourds has been crafting smiles for over 25 years. This year, we would like to have you help us spread smiles to people in your community. We have chosen to see if we can get our sunflowers in 250 nursing or retirement homes all across Pennsylvania and we have called this project, Sunflowers for Seniors. With your help, we know this is possible. Many residents have not seen family or friends since COVID hit back in March and we think having a flower delivered to them would bring a smile to their face.
How you can help?
If you would like to help us, here is a checklist for you to follow:
- Pick a Nursing/Retirement Home near you
- Call them to see if there are any restrictions to delivering flowers
- Most we have contacted want them left outside and they will get them to distribute to residents
- Bring along your clippers/pruners or buy a pair at our store for $10.00
- Buy a 5 gallon bucket for $5.00 at our store or bring your own
- Make a trip out to the farm, sunflower fields are open daily 7am-Dusk
- Our store is open Monday-Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 12-4
- Stop at the store and fill bucket with water at the hose out front
- By the way, our address is 125 Potato Road, Carlisle PA 17015
- Cut sunflowers stems at a 45 degree angle
- Sunflowers not completely opened will last longer than ones fully opened
- Fill bucket as full as you can with the FREE sunflowers
- Deliver to Nursing/Retirement Home
- May want to call them so they know they are there
- Take a picture of delivery and post on our Facebook or Instagram with #SunflowersForSeniors
- Make sure to let us know which Home you picked so we can add it to the list
We will keep an updated list of the Homes that have received Sunflowers for Seniors on our website. To check to see ones in your area that have not been blessed, please click on the Sunflowers for Seniors block to be taken to the list. List of Homes delivered too!
When is this happening?
Now! Our sunflowers fields are now open and will be open daily 7:00am-dusk. If you want to know where the best picking is, please stop by the store and they can let you know.
If you have any questions or want to let us know what Home you delivered to, contact Dori at 717-776-6029 or email her at email@example.com
With everything else going on this year, we would like to bring a little sunshine to someone’s day and with your help, we can get this accomplished. #SunflowersForSeniors